Learn to recognise the early signs of skin cancer.
- Examine your skin regularly at least once a month. All areas of the skin should be inspected, including the hands and feet, genital areas, eyes and mouth.
- Learn the danger signs of skin cancer and see a dermatologist early if you detect ay new or changing moles, freckles or skin growths.
- Go for regular skin checks by a Dermatologist at least once a year.
- If you have risk factors for melanoma or skin cancer, you may require more frequent monitoring.
- Your Dermatologist will use a special tool called the Dermoscope to detect early changes in your skin.
- Consider the use of photography as an aid to track your moles or skin lesions.
- Teach your children about the risks of sun exposure and sun burns. Encourage them to apply sunscreen regularly when they are outdoors.